Economics of Public Policy
By Pronab Sen
Published Jun 06, 2023
Updated Sep 20, 2023
- To familiarise scholars with the nature of an economic system and the manner in which different public policy instruments affect it.
- To introduce the basic concepts and analytical framework of Macroeconomics and Public Finance.
- To critically examine specific policy measures implemented in India in light of the conceptual framework discussed in 1 above.
- Basics of Macroeconomics
- Fiscal and Monetary policies
- Basics of Public Finance
- Case studies of specific objectives and public policies.
Interim Director; Professor at ISPP, Principal Economic Adviser, Planning Commission